Manchester Business Crime Reduction Partnership
CityCo coordinates the Manchester Business Crime Reduction Partnership (MBCRP) in liaison with retailers, businesses and strategic agencies including Greater Manchester Police and Manchester City Council. We aim to reduce crime and the fear of crime in Manchester city centre.
The partnership has grown considerably over the past 24 months and is now one of the largest such partnerships in the country.
Key areas of business
- Strategic leadership and partnership working with relevant agencies and the private sector, to tackle crime
- Day-to-day facilitation of the city-wide reduction partnership on behalf of clients
- A managed National Business Information System (NBIS) enabling the sharing of data to tackle crime and repeat offenders
- Representation for business members at crime tasking meetings, attended by GMP and relevant stakeholders
- Operation of a city centre day/night radio network for businesses, linked-in to a CCTV control room
- Management of city centre Civil Exclusion Zone schemes
- Delivery of security training sessions
Security training sessions
CityCo runs bespoke training events for member businesses, covering:
- Credit card fraud
- Counterfeit money
- Conflict resolution
- Powers related to arrest and search
- Statement preparation
- General security issues
Key initiatives in 2011
- Expansion of the business crime reduction partnership to new businesses and partners
- Upgrade of the current radio network system (NiteNet and StoreNet) to a digital network, allowing more effective sharing of data and ability to record data live
- Launch of a new accessible secure website for members (www.mbcrp.org.uk).
MBCRP Online allows members to share and access crime intelligence. The site is a subscription service – all authorized users are given a secure log-in and 200 representatives of the business community are now registered.
- Continued expansion of the StoreNet network to a wider set of organisations
- Continued improvement of our information systems to ensure good business awareness of possible disruptive incidents
- Working with GMP and Manchester City Council around policy to better tackle retail crime
- Roll-out of our Business Sentinel security conference series with the GMP Counter Terrorism Unit; aimed at operational, security and front of house staff.
MBCRP – Membership Benefits
- Access to www.mbcrp.org.uk
- Access to shared intelligence and tactical initiatives to tackle crime
- Involvement in Civil Exclusion Zone schemes
- CityCo Business Crime team support visits
- City centre radio link provision, for both day and night security
- Security advice
- Unlimited free places at security training sessions
- Monthly intel briefing report
- Invitation to briefing forums and events
Find out more
To discuss the work of the MBCRP, and membership benefits, in more detail please email our Business Crime Reduction Partnership Manager Rob Dyson or call 0161 838 3261.
To discuss a tailor-made security training programme for your business, please email our Training & Liaison Officer Mike Rawlings or call 0161 838 3266.