The Manchester Picnic, Fri 5 – Sun 7 August
Piccadilly Gardens was transformed into a foodie family oasis for the second year running, with fine food in a Gourmet gastro garden, picnic benches, music and family entertainment.
Fun, food & festivities
Relax on the green Piccadilly lawns in a themed picnic paradise. There will be grilled, deli and gourmet produce, hog roast, afternoon tea, bbqs, paella, icecream, cake, cards, crafts, DJs and kids activities – all provided by Manchester and Piccadilly’s finest hotels, venues and traders.
Stalls open 12noon – 6pm, free entry
The Gourmet Garden
Award-winning alfresco cuisine from Manchester’s top eateries, set in a sheltered garden oasis styled by Curve Interior Design.
Abode, Aumbry, Harvey Nichols, Mint Hotel and The Mark Addy will dish up delicious seafood salads, picnic hampers, smoothies, home-made vegetable crisps, strawberries & cream, lemonade – and we welcome Robert Owen Brown’s Marvellous Meat Emporium.
Family Activities – What’s On
Friday 5 August
It’s a Wind Up – Vintage 78 DJs
Science Busking by the Manchester Science Festival. Amazing science tricks and demos
Saturday 6 August
The Printworks Presents resident DJs playing chill out anthems plus live acoustic sets
Monster Munchies! Monster Spring Rolls with TV’s Matt Dawson
Sunday 7 August
Teddy Bears’ Picnic with Baby Ballet’s Twinkle the Bear
Manchester Museum in a Box
Drop-in craft activities
Sunday 7 August – Teddy Bears’ Picnic
From 12 noon.
100 'Build a Bear Workshop’ goodie bags up for grabs for the first 100 Best-Dressed Teddies. The Picnic’s Best-Dressed Bear wins a 5 person family tent from GO Outdoors (worth £170) and family camping games. Judging by Baby Ballet’s Twinkle the Bear at 4pm* (*T’s and C’s apply).
Teddy Bears’ Picnic: Terms & Conditions
- 100 Goodie Bags given on a first-come first-served basis, from 12 noon, to the first 100 Best-Dressed Teddies presented by children at the designated stall (will be signposted)
- Goodie Bags giveaway and Best Dressed Teddy Competition open to children under the age of 12 only
- First Prize for the Best Dressed Teddy – participants must be present at 4pm for final judging by Baby Ballet, at the designated stall (will be signposted)
- The judge’s decision is final
- The First prize for Best Dressed Teddy is a 5 person family tent worth £170, plus family camping games (games products given on discretion of GO Outdoors)
- The prizes must be collected in person from GO Outdoors, Urban Exchange, Great Ancoats St, Manchester, M4 6DE. Store tel: 0845 113 0298
- There is no cash alternative for this prize
Piccadilly – the home of The Manchester Picnic: www.piccadillymanchester.com
Charity of Choice: Forever Manchester
With Thanks to: The Printworks, Manchester Arndale’s Build a Bear Workshop, Manchester Science Festival, Baby Ballet, Go Outdoors, Curve Interior Design, The University of Manchester, Harvey Nichols, Mint Hotel, Aumbry, The Mark Addy, Abode Hotel.
Download event flyer
The Manchester Picnic is organised by CityCo and Piccadilly Partnership and aims to develop and promote Piccadilly Gardens as a welcoming, safe family event space. The event launched last year.
Also this year … Spinningfields Twitnic
After last year’s successful Twitnic, Screenfields invites its 5000 strong following to meet and tweet on the green at Screenfields.
Pack up your favourite picnic snacks, kick back in a deckchair and meet up with the Manchester twitterati from Friday 5 until Sunday 7 August.
The little ones can enjoy a picnic too with the Screenfields Family Film Club and The Jungle Book on screen at 11am on Saturday 6 August.
Click here for more information.
The Manchester Picnic 2011 - EVENT LEAFLET
The Manchester Picnic 2011 - EVENT LEAFLETDownload now